Volunteer Centre to offer increased service
ROYSTON Volunteer Centre will be offering an increased service after receiving grants totalling £7,400. The centre, which is based at Royston Hospital, has received £4,000 from the Hertfordshire Community Foundation and £3,400 from national lottery grant
ROYSTON Volunteer Centre will be offering an increased service after receiving grants totalling £7,400.
The centre, which is based at Royston Hospital, has received £4,000 from the Hertfordshire Community Foundation and £3,400 from national lottery grant scheme Awards for All.
Denise Graham, volunteer centre manager, said: "This extra funding will enable us to extend our service by an extra four hours a week along with extra IT back up, allowing us more time to support both local volunteers and organisations that involve volunteers.
"We hope to see plenty of people making volunteering their new year's resolution for 2008," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteering opportunities currently available include the chance to work as a groundsman for Royston Cricket Club, and to get dressed up in period clothes and meet and greet people at Wimpole Hall.
For more information call Denise on 01763 243020, or visit www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire