Volunteer Centre to offer increased service
ROYSTON Volunteer Centre will be offering an increased service after receiving grants totalling £7,400. The centre, which is based at Royston Hospital, has received £4,000 from the Hertfordshire Community Foundation and £3,400 from national lottery grant
ROYSTON Volunteer Centre will be offering an increased service after receiving grants totalling £7,400.
The centre, which is based at Royston Hospital, has received £4,000 from the Hertfordshire Community Foundation and £3,400 from national lottery grant scheme Awards for All.
Denise Graham, volunteer centre manager, said: "This extra funding will enable us to extend our service by an extra four hours a week along with extra IT back up, allowing us more time to support both local volunteers and organisations that involve volunteers.
"We hope to see plenty of people making volunteering their new year's resolution for 2008," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteering opportunities currently available include the chance to work as a groundsman for Royston Cricket Club, and to get dressed up in period clothes and meet and greet people at Wimpole Hall.
For more information call Denise on 01763 243020, or visit www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth