Voluntary groups set to cash in
ALMOST £1,500 is to be given to voluntary groups this year from Royston Town Council s Community Chest. The awards will be presented by the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Peter Lill, during the town council s annual town meeting at Royston Town Hall on March 27.
ALMOST £1,500 is to be given to voluntary groups this year from Royston Town Council's Community Chest.
The awards will be presented by the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Peter Lill, during the town council's annual town meeting at Royston Town Hall on March 27.
The Community Chest was set-up after British Gas gave a donation of £10,000 to the town council more than a decade ago after an incident in Royston.
This year's awards were approved at a meeting of the town council's Finance committee on Monday evening.
The awards include £250 to the Rotary Club of Royston to help meet hire costs for a hall for its Youth Makes Music event and £150 to the Royston Town Band to meet the costs of entering a brass band competition later this year.
There are awards, too, for the Friends of Royston Guiding to help pay towards clean-up work outside its Guide hut in Garden Walk.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
The Royston Greenfingers Club will be awarded £100 to pay for shrubs to be planted in the Grossalmerode gardens between the town hall and the health centre.
Cllr Lill will also be presenting Community Service Awards during the annual town meeting.