Voluntary groups set to cash in
ALMOST £1,500 is to be given to voluntary groups this year from Royston Town Council s Community Chest. The awards will be presented by the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Peter Lill, during the town council s annual town meeting at Royston Town Hall on March 27.
ALMOST £1,500 is to be given to voluntary groups this year from Royston Town Council's Community Chest.
The awards will be presented by the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Peter Lill, during the town council's annual town meeting at Royston Town Hall on March 27.
The Community Chest was set-up after British Gas gave a donation of £10,000 to the town council more than a decade ago after an incident in Royston.
This year's awards were approved at a meeting of the town council's Finance committee on Monday evening.
You may also want to watch:
The awards include £250 to the Rotary Club of Royston to help meet hire costs for a hall for its Youth Makes Music event and £150 to the Royston Town Band to meet the costs of entering a brass band competition later this year.
There are awards, too, for the Friends of Royston Guiding to help pay towards clean-up work outside its Guide hut in Garden Walk.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
The Royston Greenfingers Club will be awarded £100 to pay for shrubs to be planted in the Grossalmerode gardens between the town hall and the health centre.
Cllr Lill will also be presenting Community Service Awards during the annual town meeting.