Visiting animals at animal charity Wood Green’s Heydon centre is top of Santa’s list
- Credit: Archant
The folk at Wood Green’s Heydon Centre got into the festive spirit with a visit from none other than Father Christmas.
Staff at the rehoming centre put on their Santa suits, cat units were decorated, and Father Christmas set about feeding hens, stroking cats and resting on bales of hay with guinea pigs and rabbits.
Sue Squire from the animal charity said: “We believe every animal deserves the chance to have a happy Christmas and those in our Heydon centre will be safe and cared for over the festive period.
“Heydon rehomes rabbits, guinea pigs, cats and chickens.
“Our ex-caged hens make excellent pets, they are friendly and inquisitive, and are often looking for homes.
“They may even lay you an egg for breakfast.
“A very happy Christmas from everyone at Heydon. Thank you for your support throughout 2015 and look out for our exciting events in 2016.”
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
The Heydon centre is open throughout Christmas, except Monday, December 21, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.