Visiting animals at animal charity Wood Green’s Heydon centre is top of Santa’s list
- Credit: Archant
The folk at Wood Green’s Heydon Centre got into the festive spirit with a visit from none other than Father Christmas.
Staff at the rehoming centre put on their Santa suits, cat units were decorated, and Father Christmas set about feeding hens, stroking cats and resting on bales of hay with guinea pigs and rabbits.
Sue Squire from the animal charity said: “We believe every animal deserves the chance to have a happy Christmas and those in our Heydon centre will be safe and cared for over the festive period.
“Heydon rehomes rabbits, guinea pigs, cats and chickens.
“Our ex-caged hens make excellent pets, they are friendly and inquisitive, and are often looking for homes.
“They may even lay you an egg for breakfast.
“A very happy Christmas from everyone at Heydon. Thank you for your support throughout 2015 and look out for our exciting events in 2016.”
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 6 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
The Heydon centre is open throughout Christmas, except Monday, December 21, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.