Visiting animals at animal charity Wood Green’s Heydon centre is top of Santa’s list
- Credit: Archant
The folk at Wood Green’s Heydon Centre got into the festive spirit with a visit from none other than Father Christmas.
Staff at the rehoming centre put on their Santa suits, cat units were decorated, and Father Christmas set about feeding hens, stroking cats and resting on bales of hay with guinea pigs and rabbits.
Sue Squire from the animal charity said: “We believe every animal deserves the chance to have a happy Christmas and those in our Heydon centre will be safe and cared for over the festive period.
“Heydon rehomes rabbits, guinea pigs, cats and chickens.
“Our ex-caged hens make excellent pets, they are friendly and inquisitive, and are often looking for homes.
You may also want to watch:
“They may even lay you an egg for breakfast.
“A very happy Christmas from everyone at Heydon. Thank you for your support throughout 2015 and look out for our exciting events in 2016.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The Heydon centre is open throughout Christmas, except Monday, December 21, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.