Vision in pink as women prepare for charity event
THE Pink Ladies and about 150 other women are getting ready to raise cash for a cancer charity. They will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon Run Walk on Therfield Heath on June 11. Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers who will be taking part in the event
THE Pink Ladies and about 150 other women are getting ready to raise cash for a cancer charity.
They will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon Run Walk on Therfield Heath on June 11.
Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers who will be taking part in the event, said: "Everyone is encouraged to come dressed in something pink."
And to emphasise the pink theme, race director Maurice Hill has been given a pink sparkly jacket which has been specially made for him by K Costumes of Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Maurice said: "It's important for everyone to join in, and people certainly will not miss me in the jacket."
The event will be raising cash for the charity Cancer Research - and has already been given the support of a number of Royston businesses.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
WKH chartered accountants has become the main sponsor and Hendricks Hairdressing, of Fish Hill, Royston, is helping to raise cash prior to the event.
It is offering a special price on four pink hair extensions with the minimum donation of £10 being given to the charity from May 29 to June 10.
Others who are playing a part in sponsoring the event are Wash Me, Iron Me, The Wardrobe Lady, Royston Heath Sports Centre, Royston Leisure Centre, Esse, Jordans Cereals, NR Dawes Insurance, Bumpkins Day Care Nursery, Keith Gordon Jewellers, Sports Kit, Essential Beauty and Sweatshop.
- Entry forms are available from Sports Kit, High Street, Royston or Royston library or by visiting the website at www.pinkribbonrun walk.co.uk
- For an appointment at Hendricks Hairdressing to have pink hair extensions call Michelle on 01763 241068.