Vision in pink as women prepare for charity event
THE Pink Ladies and about 150 other women are getting ready to raise cash for a cancer charity. They will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon Run Walk on Therfield Heath on June 11. Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers who will be taking part in the event
THE Pink Ladies and about 150 other women are getting ready to raise cash for a cancer charity.
They will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon Run Walk on Therfield Heath on June 11.
Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers who will be taking part in the event, said: "Everyone is encouraged to come dressed in something pink."
And to emphasise the pink theme, race director Maurice Hill has been given a pink sparkly jacket which has been specially made for him by K Costumes of Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Maurice said: "It's important for everyone to join in, and people certainly will not miss me in the jacket."
The event will be raising cash for the charity Cancer Research - and has already been given the support of a number of Royston businesses.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
WKH chartered accountants has become the main sponsor and Hendricks Hairdressing, of Fish Hill, Royston, is helping to raise cash prior to the event.
It is offering a special price on four pink hair extensions with the minimum donation of £10 being given to the charity from May 29 to June 10.
Others who are playing a part in sponsoring the event are Wash Me, Iron Me, The Wardrobe Lady, Royston Heath Sports Centre, Royston Leisure Centre, Esse, Jordans Cereals, NR Dawes Insurance, Bumpkins Day Care Nursery, Keith Gordon Jewellers, Sports Kit, Essential Beauty and Sweatshop.
- Entry forms are available from Sports Kit, High Street, Royston or Royston library or by visiting the website at www.pinkribbonrun walk.co.uk
- For an appointment at Hendricks Hairdressing to have pink hair extensions call Michelle on 01763 241068.