Vince Cable visits Royston company to launch government scheme
ONE of politics most recognisable faces hosted a special event in Royston on Wednesday to launch a new government scheme.
Vince Cable, secretary of state for business, innovation and skills, popped into Johnson Matthey PLC to launch the See Inside Manufacturing initiative - which aims to give students, teachers and careers advisers an insight into British manufacturing.
He said: “The See Inside Manufacturing programme is an important step in giving thousands of school pupils, teachers and careers advisers the opportunity to see first-hand the essential role that industry plays across the UK to help us achieve the sort of sustainable and balanced economic growth that the country needs.
”The Government is investing in more apprenticeships than ever before.”
Johnson Matthey, whose headquarters are on Orchard Road, are a specialist chemical company and catalyst manufacturer.
You may also want to watch:
The company will be holding another event in October aimed directly at school leavers, students and graduates.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden