Vince Cable visits Royston company to launch government scheme
ONE of politics most recognisable faces hosted a special event in Royston on Wednesday to launch a new government scheme.
Vince Cable, secretary of state for business, innovation and skills, popped into Johnson Matthey PLC to launch the See Inside Manufacturing initiative - which aims to give students, teachers and careers advisers an insight into British manufacturing.
He said: “The See Inside Manufacturing programme is an important step in giving thousands of school pupils, teachers and careers advisers the opportunity to see first-hand the essential role that industry plays across the UK to help us achieve the sort of sustainable and balanced economic growth that the country needs.
”The Government is investing in more apprenticeships than ever before.”
Johnson Matthey, whose headquarters are on Orchard Road, are a specialist chemical company and catalyst manufacturer.
You may also want to watch:
The company will be holding another event in October aimed directly at school leavers, students and graduates.
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash