Villagers commended for another successful Thriplow Daffodil Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Once again the team behind Thriplow Daffodil Weekend have pulled off another successful event.
About 6,000 visitors turned up to the event on Sunday alone, and the overflow carpark was opened due to the quantity of vehicles.
Dan Murton from the Thriplow Daffodil Weekend Committee, said: “It went very well. It was a fantastic day on Sunday.
“The sun was out, it was really good. There was a fantastic atmosphere.
“Everybody in the village puts so much effort into it. It wouldn’t work unless the whole village got involved, and we had people helping out by making drinks, monitoring the car park and clearing up at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
“The event really brings everyone together.”
There was a range of activities on offer at the event, including a farmers’ market, more than 100 stalls, a vintage vehicle display, dray rides and music.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Performers included Michael Robshaw, Alchemy, CarnaC and Martin Kaszak.
The event was a hit with visitors. Alison Dyche took to Twitter to say: “We went to Thriplow Daffodil Festival this weekend. Lots of daffs still in bloom and the weather on Sunday was pretty glorious.”
To find out more information, go to thriplowdaffodils.org.uk.