Villagers commended for another successful Thriplow Daffodil Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Once again the team behind Thriplow Daffodil Weekend have pulled off another successful event.
About 6,000 visitors turned up to the event on Sunday alone, and the overflow carpark was opened due to the quantity of vehicles.
Dan Murton from the Thriplow Daffodil Weekend Committee, said: “It went very well. It was a fantastic day on Sunday.
“The sun was out, it was really good. There was a fantastic atmosphere.
“Everybody in the village puts so much effort into it. It wouldn’t work unless the whole village got involved, and we had people helping out by making drinks, monitoring the car park and clearing up at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
“The event really brings everyone together.”
There was a range of activities on offer at the event, including a farmers’ market, more than 100 stalls, a vintage vehicle display, dray rides and music.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
Performers included Michael Robshaw, Alchemy, CarnaC and Martin Kaszak.
The event was a hit with visitors. Alison Dyche took to Twitter to say: “We went to Thriplow Daffodil Festival this weekend. Lots of daffs still in bloom and the weather on Sunday was pretty glorious.”
To find out more information, go to thriplowdaffodils.org.uk.