Village show with Queen to the fore
A VILLAGE is set for a right Royal occasion. This year s Guilden Morden Village Show on Saturday has the theme Fit for a Queen to honour the 80th birthday of The Queen earlier this year. There will be such events as Bake a Cake for the Queen s Birthday, a
A VILLAGE is set for a right Royal occasion.
This year's Guilden Morden Village Show on Saturday has the theme Fit for a Queen to honour the 80th birthday of The Queen earlier this year.
There will be such events as Bake a Cake for the Queen's Birthday, a Royal themed photograph and childrens' Queen's Birthday Races.
Royston-based majorettes The Electralites will be opening the show which begins with a childrens' fancy dress grand parade from the Three Tuns pub car park to the recreation ground at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other events will include a tug-of-war and country dancing by pupils from Guilden Morden School.
The proceeds from the event will be donated towards the village hall.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
Jessica Harvey, of the village show committee, said: "Although we were turned down for funding for a new hall three years ago, we have not been deterred.
"We continue to raise as much money as possible and will be applying again for funding to help towards the cost of a new village hall," she said.