Village show with Queen to the fore
A VILLAGE is set for a right Royal occasion. This year s Guilden Morden Village Show on Saturday has the theme Fit for a Queen to honour the 80th birthday of The Queen earlier this year. There will be such events as Bake a Cake for the Queen s Birthday, a
A VILLAGE is set for a right Royal occasion.
This year's Guilden Morden Village Show on Saturday has the theme Fit for a Queen to honour the 80th birthday of The Queen earlier this year.
There will be such events as Bake a Cake for the Queen's Birthday, a Royal themed photograph and childrens' Queen's Birthday Races.
Royston-based majorettes The Electralites will be opening the show which begins with a childrens' fancy dress grand parade from the Three Tuns pub car park to the recreation ground at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other events will include a tug-of-war and country dancing by pupils from Guilden Morden School.
The proceeds from the event will be donated towards the village hall.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
Jessica Harvey, of the village show committee, said: "Although we were turned down for funding for a new hall three years ago, we have not been deterred.
"We continue to raise as much money as possible and will be applying again for funding to help towards the cost of a new village hall," she said.