Village pub supports charity stilt walker
- Credit: Archant
A stilt-walking fundraiser stopped in at a village pub this week.
Paul Bennett is walking from the east to west coasts of England raising money and awareness for homeless charity Shelter, and stopped in at the Fox and Duck pub in Therfield on his route.
Ivan Titmuss, landlord of the Fox and Duck, said: “As he is doing it for Shelter we gave him free board and food, as have many others have on his walk.
“Paul is particularly interesting as he is an ex-Royal Marine, who has served his country in conflicts abroad, who became homeless after leaving the army, as many unfortunately do. Shelter helped him and does many military personnel who end up homeless.”
Mr Bennett is stilt-walking an ancient ley line route linking significant landscape features, the Michael and Mary line. He started from Horton-on-Sea in Norfolk and is heading for St Michael’s Mount in Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
You can donate to his cause by texting to 70070, quoting FOXL60 plus your donation amount, or by logging on to www.justgiving.com/walkforharmony
Follow his progress via www.facebook.com/walkforharmony
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn