Village college appoints new principal
- Credit: Archant
THE new principal of a village college is looking forward to helping the school evolve after taking charge.
Duncan Cooper, (pictured), started work at Bassingbourn Village College earlier this month. He replaces Scott Hudson, who left the college in the summer.
Mr Cooper, who had previously worked at schools in Suffolk, said he was “delighted” to be joining the college.
He said: “It is an excellent school with a strong positive ethos, where all students are known as individuals and achieve some fantastic qualifications. I am looking forward to working closely with staff, students, governors, parents and the local community to build upon the strong foundations that already exist.
“I will ensure that the college continues to evolve, going from strength to strength.”
You may also want to watch:
Assistant headteacher Vickey Poulter was acting head at the college last term.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images