Village college appoints new principal
- Credit: Archant
THE new principal of a village college is looking forward to helping the school evolve after taking charge.
Duncan Cooper, (pictured), started work at Bassingbourn Village College earlier this month. He replaces Scott Hudson, who left the college in the summer.
Mr Cooper, who had previously worked at schools in Suffolk, said he was “delighted” to be joining the college.
He said: “It is an excellent school with a strong positive ethos, where all students are known as individuals and achieve some fantastic qualifications. I am looking forward to working closely with staff, students, governors, parents and the local community to build upon the strong foundations that already exist.
“I will ensure that the college continues to evolve, going from strength to strength.”
You may also want to watch:
Assistant headteacher Vickey Poulter was acting head at the college last term.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 7 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club