Village college appoints new principal
- Credit: Archant
THE new principal of a village college is looking forward to helping the school evolve after taking charge.
Duncan Cooper, (pictured), started work at Bassingbourn Village College earlier this month. He replaces Scott Hudson, who left the college in the summer.
Mr Cooper, who had previously worked at schools in Suffolk, said he was “delighted” to be joining the college.
He said: “It is an excellent school with a strong positive ethos, where all students are known as individuals and achieve some fantastic qualifications. I am looking forward to working closely with staff, students, governors, parents and the local community to build upon the strong foundations that already exist.
“I will ensure that the college continues to evolve, going from strength to strength.”
Assistant headteacher Vickey Poulter was acting head at the college last term.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge