Village college appoints new principal
- Credit: Archant
THE new principal of a village college is looking forward to helping the school evolve after taking charge.
Duncan Cooper, (pictured), started work at Bassingbourn Village College earlier this month. He replaces Scott Hudson, who left the college in the summer.
Mr Cooper, who had previously worked at schools in Suffolk, said he was “delighted” to be joining the college.
He said: “It is an excellent school with a strong positive ethos, where all students are known as individuals and achieve some fantastic qualifications. I am looking forward to working closely with staff, students, governors, parents and the local community to build upon the strong foundations that already exist.
“I will ensure that the college continues to evolve, going from strength to strength.”
You may also want to watch:
Assistant headteacher Vickey Poulter was acting head at the college last term.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 7 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition