Village becomes live advent calendar
A VILLAGE has been turned into a live advent calendar in the run-up to Christmas.
Every day since December 1, a window display has been appearing in different houses and shops around Ashwell. A new one will be revealed every day until December 24, and designs include a gingerbread castle and a miniature railway.
The idea is the brainchild of Ashwell resident Kate Heiss.
She said: “My mother-in-law is German, and they did a similar thing in her village last year. I thought Ashwell would be perfect for it because we have so many lovely houses.
“We put a notice in the parish newsletter, and there has been a lot of interest from people wanting to go round and look at the windows.
You may also want to watch:
“It makes the village look really festive.”
A list of the locations of the advent displays can be found online at http://ashwellliveadventcalendar.moonfruit.com/
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire