Village becomes live advent calendar
A VILLAGE has been turned into a live advent calendar in the run-up to Christmas.
Every day since December 1, a window display has been appearing in different houses and shops around Ashwell. A new one will be revealed every day until December 24, and designs include a gingerbread castle and a miniature railway.
The idea is the brainchild of Ashwell resident Kate Heiss.
She said: “My mother-in-law is German, and they did a similar thing in her village last year. I thought Ashwell would be perfect for it because we have so many lovely houses.
“We put a notice in the parish newsletter, and there has been a lot of interest from people wanting to go round and look at the windows.
You may also want to watch:
“It makes the village look really festive.”
A list of the locations of the advent displays can be found online at http://ashwellliveadventcalendar.moonfruit.com/
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'