Village becomes live advent calendar
A VILLAGE has been turned into a live advent calendar in the run-up to Christmas.
Every day since December 1, a window display has been appearing in different houses and shops around Ashwell. A new one will be revealed every day until December 24, and designs include a gingerbread castle and a miniature railway.
The idea is the brainchild of Ashwell resident Kate Heiss.
She said: “My mother-in-law is German, and they did a similar thing in her village last year. I thought Ashwell would be perfect for it because we have so many lovely houses.
“We put a notice in the parish newsletter, and there has been a lot of interest from people wanting to go round and look at the windows.
You may also want to watch:
“It makes the village look really festive.”
A list of the locations of the advent displays can be found online at http://ashwellliveadventcalendar.moonfruit.com/
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston