Village becomes live advent calendar
A VILLAGE has been turned into a live advent calendar in the run-up to Christmas.
Every day since December 1, a window display has been appearing in different houses and shops around Ashwell. A new one will be revealed every day until December 24, and designs include a gingerbread castle and a miniature railway.
The idea is the brainchild of Ashwell resident Kate Heiss.
She said: “My mother-in-law is German, and they did a similar thing in her village last year. I thought Ashwell would be perfect for it because we have so many lovely houses.
“We put a notice in the parish newsletter, and there has been a lot of interest from people wanting to go round and look at the windows.
You may also want to watch:
“It makes the village look really festive.”
A list of the locations of the advent displays can be found online at http://ashwellliveadventcalendar.moonfruit.com/
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences