VIDEO: Charity music festival just weeks away
A CHARITY music festival held in memory of an Ashwell landlady is only weeks away.
Claire Stanley succumbed to breast cancer after a lengthy battle last year and her husband has organised Clairefest in her memory.
Darrell Stanley said: “I’ve never done anything like this before, it’s been a tough few months but it has had a lot of support.
“I’m not one to get complacent but it’s going well - I think.
“It’s in six weeks but we have got a lot to do, it’s come quite quickly considering.”
You may also want to watch:
After Claire’s untimely death Darrell set up the Claire Stanley Trust – a charity dedicated to raising money for cancer research.
The festival is the charity’s first major fundraising event and tickets are available now.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
However the funds will be split with 80 per cent of monies raised going to the trust and the remaining 20 per cent split between Ashwell charities and the garden House Hospice, Letchworth GC
The 45-year-old said: “It’s been overwhelming with the amount of support.
“People can’t wait for it – it’s a major event for Ashwell… it’s the talk of the town at the moment.”
September 3’s event features a variety of acts including X-Factor finalist Danyl Johnson, 70s hit-makers Doctor & The Medics and Monaco Bears – fresh from their slot at this year’s Rhythms of the World festival.
As well as music the event, held on Elbrook Meadow, also features a variety of stalls and an open mic competition.
Tickets are �16 for adults, Children, up to 15, �8.50 and under 5s are free.
More information and tickets are available from www.clairestanleytrust.org