VIDEO: Bassingbourn’s tragic black fox
MINUTES after The Crow brought you the tragic news Bassingbourn’s black fox had been killed we can reveal footage of the animal captured days before its demise.
A couple from the village who wished to remain anonymous emailed the short video to The Crow today (Thursday).
The fox, which was featured on page three of the Crow this week, died after being hit by a car this morning.
An attempt to save the fox was made by East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) communications manager Gary Sanderson, after passers by flagged him down.
Mr Sanderson was driving to trust headquarters in Cambourne when he was stopped. He got out to see if he could rescue the fox but it had already died.
You may also want to watch:
It happened around 10.45am this morning on Old North Road between Royston and Bassingbourn, with passers-by recognising the famous fox straight away.
Gary said: “The animal’s body was moved to the roadside, with the area blocked around it to protect it. The county council environmental department was contacted so the fox could be removed and the roadside cleaned.”
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show