VIDEO: Bassingbourn’s tragic black fox
MINUTES after The Crow brought you the tragic news Bassingbourn’s black fox had been killed we can reveal footage of the animal captured days before its demise.
A couple from the village who wished to remain anonymous emailed the short video to The Crow today (Thursday).
The fox, which was featured on page three of the Crow this week, died after being hit by a car this morning.
An attempt to save the fox was made by East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) communications manager Gary Sanderson, after passers by flagged him down.
Mr Sanderson was driving to trust headquarters in Cambourne when he was stopped. He got out to see if he could rescue the fox but it had already died.
You may also want to watch:
It happened around 10.45am this morning on Old North Road between Royston and Bassingbourn, with passers-by recognising the famous fox straight away.
Gary said: “The animal’s body was moved to the roadside, with the area blocked around it to protect it. The county council environmental department was contacted so the fox could be removed and the roadside cleaned.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Consultation on East West Rail route opens