VIDEO: Bassingbourn’s tragic black fox
MINUTES after The Crow brought you the tragic news Bassingbourn’s black fox had been killed we can reveal footage of the animal captured days before its demise.
A couple from the village who wished to remain anonymous emailed the short video to The Crow today (Thursday).
The fox, which was featured on page three of the Crow this week, died after being hit by a car this morning.
An attempt to save the fox was made by East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) communications manager Gary Sanderson, after passers by flagged him down.
Mr Sanderson was driving to trust headquarters in Cambourne when he was stopped. He got out to see if he could rescue the fox but it had already died.
You may also want to watch:
It happened around 10.45am this morning on Old North Road between Royston and Bassingbourn, with passers-by recognising the famous fox straight away.
Gary said: “The animal’s body was moved to the roadside, with the area blocked around it to protect it. The county council environmental department was contacted so the fox could be removed and the roadside cleaned.”
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people