VIDEO: Bassingbourn’s tragic black fox
MINUTES after The Crow brought you the tragic news Bassingbourn’s black fox had been killed we can reveal footage of the animal captured days before its demise.
A couple from the village who wished to remain anonymous emailed the short video to The Crow today (Thursday).
The fox, which was featured on page three of the Crow this week, died after being hit by a car this morning.
An attempt to save the fox was made by East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) communications manager Gary Sanderson, after passers by flagged him down.
Mr Sanderson was driving to trust headquarters in Cambourne when he was stopped. He got out to see if he could rescue the fox but it had already died.
You may also want to watch:
It happened around 10.45am this morning on Old North Road between Royston and Bassingbourn, with passers-by recognising the famous fox straight away.
Gary said: “The animal’s body was moved to the roadside, with the area blocked around it to protect it. The county council environmental department was contacted so the fox could be removed and the roadside cleaned.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash