Veterans from Melbourn Springs attend Armed Forces Breakfast
- Credit: Melbourn Springs
Melbourn Springs care home brought some of their veteran residents to a Veterans Breakfast Club meeting.
On Sunday morning the care home brought three veterans from their home to the Dolphin Pub in Melbourn to attend the Armed Forces Veterans Breakfast Club.
They had been invited to Veterans Breakfast Club organised by Cath from Melbourn AFVBC.
Activities coordinator for the home, Denise Ashby, said: "They chatted to different people about their experiences then and their lives now. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming!
"As it was breakfast club we had to include photos of the amazing breakfasts!
"David said 'This is the best breakfast I have ever had!'
"David, Brian and Donald have already booked their places next month!
- 1 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 2 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 5 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 7 Motorist suffers 'GBH-level injuries' in A505 Baldock hit-and-run
- 8 Cambridge Country Show returns with something for all the family
- 9 Royston's Emma Reid hails Commonwealth gold as highlight of her career
- 10 Judoka Emma Reid from Royston wins Birmingham 2022 gold
"Thank you to Cath for inviting us and the staff of the Dolphin Pub for their hospitality."