Vet’s surgery plan for video rental store
A VIDEO rental shop in Royston could be converted into a veterinary surgery. Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic in Meldreth would like to convert the premises in Kneesworth Street as an additional practice. It is currently Choices video rental store, which is l
A VIDEO rental shop in Royston could be converted into a veterinary surgery.
Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic in Meldreth would like to convert the premises in Kneesworth Street as an additional practice.
It is currently Choices video rental store, which is looking to re-locate to the former Unwins off-licence in Baldock Street.
Caroline Manser, of Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic, has submitted a planning application to North Herts District Council for a change of use.
You may also want to watch:
The plans include converting the shop into a small veterinary practice of a consulting room, waiting room, an operating theatre, and a kennel room.
The proposed practice would be used mainly for consulting, with some minor operations carried out, with the Meldreth branch being kept as the main area for operations and overnight stays.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
Clients would be able to use two of the car parking spaces with additional parking in Queen's Road.
Mrs Manser said: "I feel that the changes will bring a useful amenity as there is no veterinary surgery on this side of the town."
Ryan Digby, manager of Choices, said: "We want to move because of the road works that have been affecting our business for the past two years.