Vet’s surgery plan for video rental store
A VIDEO rental shop in Royston could be converted into a veterinary surgery. Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic in Meldreth would like to convert the premises in Kneesworth Street as an additional practice. It is currently Choices video rental store, which is l
A VIDEO rental shop in Royston could be converted into a veterinary surgery.
Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic in Meldreth would like to convert the premises in Kneesworth Street as an additional practice.
It is currently Choices video rental store, which is looking to re-locate to the former Unwins off-licence in Baldock Street.
Caroline Manser, of Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic, has submitted a planning application to North Herts District Council for a change of use.
You may also want to watch:
The plans include converting the shop into a small veterinary practice of a consulting room, waiting room, an operating theatre, and a kennel room.
The proposed practice would be used mainly for consulting, with some minor operations carried out, with the Meldreth branch being kept as the main area for operations and overnight stays.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
Clients would be able to use two of the car parking spaces with additional parking in Queen's Road.
Mrs Manser said: "I feel that the changes will bring a useful amenity as there is no veterinary surgery on this side of the town."
Ryan Digby, manager of Choices, said: "We want to move because of the road works that have been affecting our business for the past two years.