Vet’s surgery plan for video rental store
A VIDEO rental shop in Royston could be converted into a veterinary surgery. Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic in Meldreth would like to convert the premises in Kneesworth Street as an additional practice. It is currently Choices video rental store, which is l
A VIDEO rental shop in Royston could be converted into a veterinary surgery.
Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic in Meldreth would like to convert the premises in Kneesworth Street as an additional practice.
It is currently Choices video rental store, which is looking to re-locate to the former Unwins off-licence in Baldock Street.
Caroline Manser, of Stone Lane Veterinary Clinic, has submitted a planning application to North Herts District Council for a change of use.
You may also want to watch:
The plans include converting the shop into a small veterinary practice of a consulting room, waiting room, an operating theatre, and a kennel room.
The proposed practice would be used mainly for consulting, with some minor operations carried out, with the Meldreth branch being kept as the main area for operations and overnight stays.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
Clients would be able to use two of the car parking spaces with additional parking in Queen's Road.
Mrs Manser said: "I feel that the changes will bring a useful amenity as there is no veterinary surgery on this side of the town."
Ryan Digby, manager of Choices, said: "We want to move because of the road works that have been affecting our business for the past two years.