UPDATE: Three arrested in connection with fatal Royston smash
THREE people have been arrested in connection with a fatal collision in Royston.
The crash in Melbourn Street, in which a man was killed and another injured, happened at just after 1am this morning, closing the road and the junction with the A10.
Two teenagers from Buntingford, aged 17 and 18, and a 17-year-old from Hertford have been arrested and questioned.
Hertfordshire Police will not comment on the crash and have referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission - who are investigating the incident.
“At this early stage it is understood that at around 1am officers signalled for the car to pull over, which it did not do, and that a short time later the car overturned on Melbourn Street,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“The IPCC deployed investigators to begin collecting evidence and following an assessment it has been decided that an independent investigation will be conducted,”
Details are unclear at present but it is believed a car overturned and collided with a set of traffic lights.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 8 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service and The East of England Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman, said: “We were alerted to a report of a road collision in Royston at 1.10am this morning (Monday, June 20).”
“Ambulance crews from Letchworth, Royston and Stevenage attended the scene.
“Two patients were injured and were taken to Addenbrookes in Cambridge and the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”