UPDATE: Royston pub fire caused accidentally
The fire at a Royston pub was caused accidentally officials reveal.
Firefighters from Royston arrived at The North Star at 8.30am today (Tuesday) and six pumps manned by 35 firefighters arrived soon after.
The fire was contained within the floor void at the rear of the property and was extinguished at 9.57am.
Police sealed off Old North Road and a cordon was thrown up to stop members of the public getting near to the pub.
The road has been re-opened although the pub remained sealed off.
You may also want to watch:
Billy McGill, senior fire officer, speaking at the scene said: “No one was injured and this is down to the prompt intervention of the fire service and this was what stopped it spreading.”
For the full story check Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn