UPDATE: Royston pub fire caused accidentally
The fire at a Royston pub was caused accidentally officials reveal.
Firefighters from Royston arrived at The North Star at 8.30am today (Tuesday) and six pumps manned by 35 firefighters arrived soon after.
The fire was contained within the floor void at the rear of the property and was extinguished at 9.57am.
Police sealed off Old North Road and a cordon was thrown up to stop members of the public getting near to the pub.
The road has been re-opened although the pub remained sealed off.
You may also want to watch:
Billy McGill, senior fire officer, speaking at the scene said: “No one was injured and this is down to the prompt intervention of the fire service and this was what stopped it spreading.”
For the full story check Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator