UPDATE: Royston pub fire caused accidentally
The fire at a Royston pub was caused accidentally officials reveal.
Firefighters from Royston arrived at The North Star at 8.30am today (Tuesday) and six pumps manned by 35 firefighters arrived soon after.
The fire was contained within the floor void at the rear of the property and was extinguished at 9.57am.
Police sealed off Old North Road and a cordon was thrown up to stop members of the public getting near to the pub.
The road has been re-opened although the pub remained sealed off.
You may also want to watch:
Billy McGill, senior fire officer, speaking at the scene said: “No one was injured and this is down to the prompt intervention of the fire service and this was what stopped it spreading.”
For the full story check Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 8 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'