UPDATE: Royston man dies in road accident near Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
POLICE have named the man who died in a road accident near Buntingford this morning.
Jamie Horgan, 28, from Royston, died at the scene of the crash, on the A507 near the Throcking turning. The passenger, a 31 year old man, suffered minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the accident, which took place at 3.20am.
It involved a black Vauxhall Corsa which had been travelling westbound. The car left the road and came to rest in a field.
The road was closed for around five and a half hours for investigations to take place at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or saw the car prior to the crash, is asked to contact PC Andy Ralph via the Herts police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm