UPDATE: Royston man dies in road accident near Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
POLICE have named the man who died in a road accident near Buntingford this morning.
Jamie Horgan, 28, from Royston, died at the scene of the crash, on the A507 near the Throcking turning. The passenger, a 31 year old man, suffered minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the accident, which took place at 3.20am.
It involved a black Vauxhall Corsa which had been travelling westbound. The car left the road and came to rest in a field.
The road was closed for around five and a half hours for investigations to take place at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or saw the car prior to the crash, is asked to contact PC Andy Ralph via the Herts police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 8 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid