UPDATE: Royston man dies in road accident near Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
POLICE have named the man who died in a road accident near Buntingford this morning.
Jamie Horgan, 28, from Royston, died at the scene of the crash, on the A507 near the Throcking turning. The passenger, a 31 year old man, suffered minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the accident, which took place at 3.20am.
It involved a black Vauxhall Corsa which had been travelling westbound. The car left the road and came to rest in a field.
The road was closed for around five and a half hours for investigations to take place at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or saw the car prior to the crash, is asked to contact PC Andy Ralph via the Herts police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 7 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'