UPDATE: Royston man dies in road accident near Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
POLICE have named the man who died in a road accident near Buntingford this morning.
Jamie Horgan, 28, from Royston, died at the scene of the crash, on the A507 near the Throcking turning. The passenger, a 31 year old man, suffered minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the accident, which took place at 3.20am.
It involved a black Vauxhall Corsa which had been travelling westbound. The car left the road and came to rest in a field.
The road was closed for around five and a half hours for investigations to take place at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or saw the car prior to the crash, is asked to contact PC Andy Ralph via the Herts police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week