UPDATE: Police appeal for van driver to come forward following A10 collision
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for a van driver who may have witnessed a collision which left a man with critical injuries to come forward.
Cambridgeshire Police want to trace the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van who may be a key witness to the incident, which happened this morning on the A10 near Melbourn
A man suffered life-threatening injuries after being hit by an Audi A3. He is currently at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge receiving treatment..
The collision followed an incident where a blue MG sports car left the road. It is believed the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van witnessed that incident.
Sergeant Gordon Murray, from Cambridgeshire Police, is investigating the crash.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are keen to trace the driver of the van as we believe he may be a key witness to this incident which happened prior to the collision. He had no involvement in the actual collision with the pedestrian, but could have vital information to assist our investigation.
“I would also appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the MG being driven prior to it, to call police.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Murray at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
The incident meant the A10 was closed this morning between Melbourn and the A505 Royston roundabout.