UPDATE: Melbourn man appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court today (Thursday) charged with murder.
Ian Catley, 40, of Medcalfe Way, Melbourn, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court this morning for a bail hearing.
He is charged with killing Philip Harper on Sunday, June 29.
Mr Harper, 46, of High Street, Meldreth, was treated by paramedics after being taken to Melbourn Ambulance Station with life-threatening injuries at about 5.50pm on Sunday. Despite medical attention he died a short time later.
A post mortem held at Peterborough City Hospital Sunday found he died from a gunshot wound. Cambridgeshire Police have yet to confirm where the shooting took place, but it is believed to have happened on farm land south of Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Catley is due to enter a plea at the court on September 12.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online