UPDATE: Melbourn man appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court today (Thursday) charged with murder.
Ian Catley, 40, of Medcalfe Way, Melbourn, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court this morning for a bail hearing.
He is charged with killing Philip Harper on Sunday, June 29.
Mr Harper, 46, of High Street, Meldreth, was treated by paramedics after being taken to Melbourn Ambulance Station with life-threatening injuries at about 5.50pm on Sunday. Despite medical attention he died a short time later.
A post mortem held at Peterborough City Hospital Sunday found he died from a gunshot wound. Cambridgeshire Police have yet to confirm where the shooting took place, but it is believed to have happened on farm land south of Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Catley is due to enter a plea at the court on September 12.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?