UPDATE: Melbourn man appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court today (Thursday) charged with murder.
Ian Catley, 40, of Medcalfe Way, Melbourn, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court this morning for a bail hearing.
He is charged with killing Philip Harper on Sunday, June 29.
Mr Harper, 46, of High Street, Meldreth, was treated by paramedics after being taken to Melbourn Ambulance Station with life-threatening injuries at about 5.50pm on Sunday. Despite medical attention he died a short time later.
A post mortem held at Peterborough City Hospital Sunday found he died from a gunshot wound. Cambridgeshire Police have yet to confirm where the shooting took place, but it is believed to have happened on farm land south of Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Catley is due to enter a plea at the court on September 12.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy