UPDATE: Melbourn man appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court today (Thursday) charged with murder.
Ian Catley, 40, of Medcalfe Way, Melbourn, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court this morning for a bail hearing.
He is charged with killing Philip Harper on Sunday, June 29.
Mr Harper, 46, of High Street, Meldreth, was treated by paramedics after being taken to Melbourn Ambulance Station with life-threatening injuries at about 5.50pm on Sunday. Despite medical attention he died a short time later.
A post mortem held at Peterborough City Hospital Sunday found he died from a gunshot wound. Cambridgeshire Police have yet to confirm where the shooting took place, but it is believed to have happened on farm land south of Melbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Catley is due to enter a plea at the court on September 12.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor