UPDATE: Man taken to hospital after A10 crash as snow descends on Crow country
- Credit: Archant
DRIVERS are being warned to take care on Crow country’s roads tonight after a day of snow.
Snow has continued throughout the afternoon, and gritting lorries have already been dispatched by Cambridgeshire County Council in preparation for the evening rush hour.
The A10 was closed at Buntingford this morning after a three-vehicle collision. Police were called to the incident, which involved a blue BMW 320, a blue Volkswagen Golf and a white Mercedes Sprinter van, at 7.14am,
One man was trapped in one of the vehicles, and had to be freed by firefighters. The road was closed between the two Buntingford junctions.
Police and ambulance crews also attended. Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service, said: “On arrival of the paramedics, a man was found trapped in one of the vehicles, he sustained slight injuries. Following treatment and stabilisation by the ambulance crews, he was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.”
On the trains, services have been delayed by between 30-50 minutes tonight from stations in Crow country to London King’s Cross. Train operator First Capital Connect is advising passengers to allow as much extra time as possible for their journeys.
Despite the snow it is thought all the schools in Royston and the surrounding villages opened as normal, though several closed early this afternoon.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Meet the cast of Cambridge Arts Theatre's family pantomime Aladdin
- 7 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 8 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 9 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 10 Royston museum under new management
*Send us your pictures of the snow. Email email@example.com or tweet us @roystoncrow.