UPDATE: Man taken to hospital after A10 crash as snow descends on Crow country
- Credit: Archant
DRIVERS are being warned to take care on Crow country’s roads tonight after a day of snow.
Snow has continued throughout the afternoon, and gritting lorries have already been dispatched by Cambridgeshire County Council in preparation for the evening rush hour.
The A10 was closed at Buntingford this morning after a three-vehicle collision. Police were called to the incident, which involved a blue BMW 320, a blue Volkswagen Golf and a white Mercedes Sprinter van, at 7.14am,
One man was trapped in one of the vehicles, and had to be freed by firefighters. The road was closed between the two Buntingford junctions.
Police and ambulance crews also attended. Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service, said: “On arrival of the paramedics, a man was found trapped in one of the vehicles, he sustained slight injuries. Following treatment and stabilisation by the ambulance crews, he was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.”
You may also want to watch:
On the trains, services have been delayed by between 30-50 minutes tonight from stations in Crow country to London King’s Cross. Train operator First Capital Connect is advising passengers to allow as much extra time as possible for their journeys.
Despite the snow it is thought all the schools in Royston and the surrounding villages opened as normal, though several closed early this afternoon.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
*Send us your pictures of the snow. Email email@example.com or tweet us @roystoncrow.