UPDATE: Man dies in A505 four vehicle crash
A MAN has died in a four-vehicle collision on the A505 this morning (Thursday).
Two cars, a lorry and a flat bed tipper were involved in the crash which happened at around 7.24am
It occurred on the A505 east of the junction with the A10 at Royston.
The road is closed between the M11 and A10 and is expected to remain so for a number of hours.
Cambridgeshire Police said no-one else was seriously injured and are investigating the incident.
Pc Theron Pearman said: “The road was very busy at the time of the collision.
“We would appeal to anyone with any information to contact police.”
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 5 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 6 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said no other drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries.
The scene of the incident was attended by the East of England Ambulance Service.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Pearman on 0345 4564564.