UPDATE: Man dies in A505 four vehicle crash
A MAN has died in a four-vehicle collision on the A505 this morning (Thursday).
Two cars, a lorry and a flat bed tipper were involved in the crash which happened at around 7.24am
It occurred on the A505 east of the junction with the A10 at Royston.
The road is closed between the M11 and A10 and is expected to remain so for a number of hours.
Cambridgeshire Police said no-one else was seriously injured and are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Theron Pearman said: “The road was very busy at the time of the collision.
“We would appeal to anyone with any information to contact police.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said no other drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries.
The scene of the incident was attended by the East of England Ambulance Service.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Pearman on 0345 4564564.