UPDATE: Man dies in A505 four vehicle crash
A MAN has died in a four-vehicle collision on the A505 this morning (Thursday).
Two cars, a lorry and a flat bed tipper were involved in the crash which happened at around 7.24am
It occurred on the A505 east of the junction with the A10 at Royston.
The road is closed between the M11 and A10 and is expected to remain so for a number of hours.
Cambridgeshire Police said no-one else was seriously injured and are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Theron Pearman said: “The road was very busy at the time of the collision.
“We would appeal to anyone with any information to contact police.”
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said no other drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries.
The scene of the incident was attended by the East of England Ambulance Service.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Pearman on 0345 4564564.