UPDATE: Man dies in A505 four vehicle crash
A MAN has died in a four-vehicle collision on the A505 this morning (Thursday).
Two cars, a lorry and a flat bed tipper were involved in the crash which happened at around 7.24am
It occurred on the A505 east of the junction with the A10 at Royston.
The road is closed between the M11 and A10 and is expected to remain so for a number of hours.
Cambridgeshire Police said no-one else was seriously injured and are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Theron Pearman said: “The road was very busy at the time of the collision.
“We would appeal to anyone with any information to contact police.”
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 8 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said no other drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries.
The scene of the incident was attended by the East of England Ambulance Service.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Pearman on 0345 4564564.