UPDATE: Man dies in A505 four vehicle crash
A MAN has died in a four-vehicle collision on the A505 this morning (Thursday).
Two cars, a lorry and a flat bed tipper were involved in the crash which happened at around 7.24am
It occurred on the A505 east of the junction with the A10 at Royston.
The road is closed between the M11 and A10 and is expected to remain so for a number of hours.
Cambridgeshire Police said no-one else was seriously injured and are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Theron Pearman said: “The road was very busy at the time of the collision.
“We would appeal to anyone with any information to contact police.”
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said no other drivers or passengers suffered serious injuries.
The scene of the incident was attended by the East of England Ambulance Service.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Pearman on 0345 4564564.