UPDATE: Four-vehicle A505 crash victim named
A MAN who died after a four-vehicle collision on the A505 has been named.
Steven Stamford, of Elm Tree Drive, Bassingbourn, died after the silver Smart Car he was driving was involved in a collision with a brown Ford Focus, white Isuzu Easyshift truck and a blue DAF lorry.
The collision happened close to the junction with the A10 at 7.24am on Thursday.
An inquest into the 37-year-old’s death was opened and adjourned on Friday.
PC Theron Pearman, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles prior to the incident to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Pearman on 0345 4564564.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'