UPDATE: Four-vehicle A505 crash victim named
A MAN who died after a four-vehicle collision on the A505 has been named.
Steven Stamford, of Elm Tree Drive, Bassingbourn, died after the silver Smart Car he was driving was involved in a collision with a brown Ford Focus, white Isuzu Easyshift truck and a blue DAF lorry.
The collision happened close to the junction with the A10 at 7.24am on Thursday.
An inquest into the 37-year-old’s death was opened and adjourned on Friday.
PC Theron Pearman, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles prior to the incident to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Pearman on 0345 4564564.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 The bells are back in town!
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly