UPDATE: Cambridgeshire man charged with murder remanded in custody at Old Bailey
- Credit: Getty Images/Creatas RF
A man has been remanded in custody at the Old Bailey today (Wednesday) after being charged with murder.
Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, of Clopton Close, Croydon, is one of three men charged with the murder of Neill Buchel, who went missing from his home in Dagenham in March.
The trio appeared in court for a bail hearing this morning and were remanded in custody.
They have also been charged with perverting the course of justice.
Police believe 39-year-old Mr Buchel was involved in an altercation on the day he went missing – March 13 – with a group of men in Heath Park, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
After the incident a 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of public order offences and issued with a penalty notice for disorder.
Mr Buchel, a father of two, then went to Stansgate Road in the town, but made no contact with family or friends after that and was officially reported missing by his estranged partner on March 18.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
A dismembered leg was spotted by a member of the public floating in White Hart Lakes in Dagenham on April 1. Further body parts were later recovered by police.
The two other men arrested and charged with murder and perverting the course of justice are Scott Hunt, 41, of Braintree Road in Dagenham and Chas Quye, 35, of Stansgate Road in Dagenham.
A fourth man, Colin Bushaway, 60, of Gregory Crescent, Eltham, has also been charged with perverting the course of justice in relation to the murder. He has been bailed to appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court on May 20.