UPDATE: A505 closed near Royston after car collides with tree in stormy weather
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
COMMUTERS faced disruption this morning as Britain was hit by storm St Jude.
The storm, which has brought with it winds of up to 70mph, hit the south-west of England over night before heading east.
The A505 between Royston and the turning New Road, Melbourn, turning is closed in both directions after a car collided with a fallen tree near the junction with Newmarket Road, Royston.
Police say two people suffered serious, but not life-threatening, injuries in the accident, which happened at about 7.30am this morning. Traffic is queuing all the way back to the M11 junction on the westbound carriageway, and drivers are being advised to avoid the area.
Earlier, a fallen tree on the A10 near the Queen’s Head in Harston is causing delays for drivers heading between Royston and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
All trains from Royston and other stations in Crow country have been cancelled until at least 9am, with train operator First Capital Connect advising passengers not to travel to stations until further notice.
*Have you been affected by the storm? Email your stories and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet us @roystoncrow.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator