UPDATE: A505 closed near Royston after car collides with tree in stormy weather
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
COMMUTERS faced disruption this morning as Britain was hit by storm St Jude.
The storm, which has brought with it winds of up to 70mph, hit the south-west of England over night before heading east.
The A505 between Royston and the turning New Road, Melbourn, turning is closed in both directions after a car collided with a fallen tree near the junction with Newmarket Road, Royston.
Police say two people suffered serious, but not life-threatening, injuries in the accident, which happened at about 7.30am this morning. Traffic is queuing all the way back to the M11 junction on the westbound carriageway, and drivers are being advised to avoid the area.
Earlier, a fallen tree on the A10 near the Queen’s Head in Harston is causing delays for drivers heading between Royston and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
All trains from Royston and other stations in Crow country have been cancelled until at least 9am, with train operator First Capital Connect advising passengers not to travel to stations until further notice.
*Have you been affected by the storm? Email your stories and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet us @roystoncrow.
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 8 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch