UPDATE: A10 reopens after hay bale trailer incident
- Credit: Archant
THE A10 London Road has now reopened after an incident which saw a trailer topple over, shedding its load of hay bails.
The incident occurred at about 1.45pm today. The trailer, which was being pulled by a tractor, fell as it was going round the corner near the Chequers pub in Royston.
It fell onto a car, a grey 4x4, spilling the hay all over the road.
The driver of the 4x4 managed to free himself before paramedics arrived.
Gary Sanderson, from the East of England Ambulance service, said: “A man who was driving past in a car was struck by falling bales of hay, trapping him against a house.
You may also want to watch:
“Amazingly he managed to free himself with the help of members of the public before our arrival.This man was very fortunate indeed to walk away without injury.”
The A10 was closed between Royston and Buntingford for more than two hours, but reopened at 4.30pm.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end