Unpaid carers to get advice at Royston event
- Credit: Archant
A drop-in event will be held in Royston to provide advice and support for unpaid carers.
The event, held by Carers in Hertfordshire, will take place at Royston Leisure Centre in Woodcock Road on Monday to coincide with Carers Week.
Staff from Carers in Hertfordshire, including an involvement worker who supports carers of someone with dementia, will be at the centre from 11am to 2pm to answer any questions people have and to provide information.
Carers in Hertfordshire’s chief executive Michèle Stokes said: “Without help and support at the right time, carers can find themselves facing financial hardship, health problems, emotional stress and relationship breakdown.
“We want to ensure carers identify themselves and know about the support available to them and can access it if they wish.”
The theme of this year’s Carers Week is Building Carer Friendly Communities to ensure the needs of carers are met in society.
To learn more about Carers in Hertfordshire or the events planned during Carers Week, visit the website at www.carersinherts.org.uk, email email@example.com or call 01992 586969.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden