Unpaid carers to get advice at Royston event
- Credit: Archant
A drop-in event will be held in Royston to provide advice and support for unpaid carers.
The event, held by Carers in Hertfordshire, will take place at Royston Leisure Centre in Woodcock Road on Monday to coincide with Carers Week.
Staff from Carers in Hertfordshire, including an involvement worker who supports carers of someone with dementia, will be at the centre from 11am to 2pm to answer any questions people have and to provide information.
Carers in Hertfordshire’s chief executive Michèle Stokes said: “Without help and support at the right time, carers can find themselves facing financial hardship, health problems, emotional stress and relationship breakdown.
“We want to ensure carers identify themselves and know about the support available to them and can access it if they wish.”
You may also want to watch:
The theme of this year’s Carers Week is Building Carer Friendly Communities to ensure the needs of carers are met in society.
To learn more about Carers in Hertfordshire or the events planned during Carers Week, visit the website at www.carersinherts.org.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01992 586969.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire