Unpaid carers to get advice at Royston event
- Credit: Archant
A drop-in event will be held in Royston to provide advice and support for unpaid carers.
The event, held by Carers in Hertfordshire, will take place at Royston Leisure Centre in Woodcock Road on Monday to coincide with Carers Week.
Staff from Carers in Hertfordshire, including an involvement worker who supports carers of someone with dementia, will be at the centre from 11am to 2pm to answer any questions people have and to provide information.
Carers in Hertfordshire’s chief executive Michèle Stokes said: “Without help and support at the right time, carers can find themselves facing financial hardship, health problems, emotional stress and relationship breakdown.
“We want to ensure carers identify themselves and know about the support available to them and can access it if they wish.”
You may also want to watch:
The theme of this year’s Carers Week is Building Carer Friendly Communities to ensure the needs of carers are met in society.
To learn more about Carers in Hertfordshire or the events planned during Carers Week, visit the website at www.carersinherts.org.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01992 586969.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid