Unpaid carers to get advice at Royston event
- Credit: Archant
A drop-in event will be held in Royston to provide advice and support for unpaid carers.
The event, held by Carers in Hertfordshire, will take place at Royston Leisure Centre in Woodcock Road on Monday to coincide with Carers Week.
Staff from Carers in Hertfordshire, including an involvement worker who supports carers of someone with dementia, will be at the centre from 11am to 2pm to answer any questions people have and to provide information.
Carers in Hertfordshire’s chief executive Michèle Stokes said: “Without help and support at the right time, carers can find themselves facing financial hardship, health problems, emotional stress and relationship breakdown.
“We want to ensure carers identify themselves and know about the support available to them and can access it if they wish.”
You may also want to watch:
The theme of this year’s Carers Week is Building Carer Friendly Communities to ensure the needs of carers are met in society.
To learn more about Carers in Hertfordshire or the events planned during Carers Week, visit the website at www.carersinherts.org.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01992 586969.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims