University of Hertfordshire students raise money for Lister Hospital’s play appeal
- Credit: Archant
A group of five University of Hertfordshire events students have raised more than £1,000 for the Lister Hospital in aid of the North and East Hertfordshire NHS trust’s The Magic of Play appeal.
Second year students, Katie Root, Kate Marsden, Taylor Shannon, Ellie Slingsby and Devann Graham, working under the name Blue Turtle Events, organised the record breaking charity auction as part of their Event Planning Design and Community Engagement module at the University of Hertfordshire which broke the current module record for the amount of money raised.
Kate Marsden, from Stevenage, said: “The project delivered invaluable experience and allowed us to gain practical learning as rather than sitting in a lecture being told how to organise an event, we actually got to do it, which was great. The team feels very proud to help fund towards such an important appeal.”
The group raised £1,150.
The appeal aims to raise £250,000 to build and equip a new playroom with a dedicated area for children with cancer on the Children’s Unit.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on The Magic of Play visit www.enherts-tr.nhs.uk/get-involved/our-charity/the-magic-of-play-appeal/
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club