UK Garage stars DJ Luck and MC Neat to open new nightclub
TWO stars of UK Garage scene hope to bring a little bit of luck to a nightclub when it reopens this week. DJ Luck and MC Neat will be the star guests at the opening night of SG8 s next Friday, December 4. The club, formerly known as Nu and Afronovaz, has
TWO stars of UK Garage scene hope to bring a little bit of luck to a nightclub when it reopens this week.
DJ Luck and MC Neat will be the star guests at the opening night of SG8's next Friday, December 4.
The club, formerly known as Nu and Afronovaz, has been closed for the last few months, and has been given a makeover.
Speaking to The Crow, DJ Luck said he was looking forward to playing the opening night.
You may also want to watch:
"Smaller, intimate venues are often the most enjoyable to play," he said. "You can really get a feel for the crowd and their reactions to the tunes you're playing."
The duo's biggest charting hit was A little bit of Luck in 1999, but the DJ feels Garage music continues to grow in popularity by the year.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 9 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
"It's more popular than ever. We play under-18 nights and the kids are singing and dancing to tunes we made when they were four or five, as well as our newer stuff. The genre moves on but old school garage always goes down well," he said.
Manager of SG8's, Kyle Perry, said the new management hope to make the venue popular with the whole community.
He said: "We're looking at getting comedy nights started, and also midweek salsa classes. We want the club to appeal to everybody.