Typhoon breezes in for debut
THE Eurofighter Typhoon will be making its Imperial War Museum Duxford debut at the AirSpace Air Show on Sunday. The Typhoon is the world s most advanced swing-role combat aircraft and is the latest addition to the RAF s frontline combat force. It promise
THE Eurofighter Typhoon will be making its Imperial War Museum Duxford debut at the AirSpace Air Show on Sunday.
The Typhoon is the world's most advanced swing-role combat aircraft and is the latest addition to the RAF's frontline combat force.
It promises to thrill visitors as it performs a breath-taking display demonstrating its agility and speed.
The AirSpace show will also showcase some of the types of aircraft that will feature in the new multi-million pound exhibition, ranging from the Lancaster bomber to the first operational British jet fighter, the Gloster Meteor.
AirSpace, set to be fully open next summer, will tell the story of Britain's aviation industry from its earliest days to the present.
Tracey Woods, Duxford's marketing and PR manager, said: "We are excited that this outstanding aircraft will be making its first appearance at Duxford alongside some of the most famous aircraft in history and the AirSpace airshow provides a wonderful opportunity to see this amazing aircraft in action."
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Missing woman from Royston found
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- For more details visit the website at www.iwm.org.uk/duxford or call 01223 835000.