Typhoon blows into Duxford
THE Imperial War Museum s latest exhibit, a Eurofighter Typhoon DA4, has gone on show to the public. An unveiling ceremony was held in the museums AirSpace Conservation Hall, where the Eurofighter Typhoon has been undergoing reassembly and conservation wo
THE Imperial War Museum's latest exhibit, a Eurofighter Typhoon DA4, has gone on show to the public.
An unveiling ceremony was held in the museums AirSpace Conservation Hall, where the Eurofighter Typhoon has been undergoing reassembly and conservation work for the past two months.
Richard Ashton, Director, Imperial War Museum Duxford, said: "I am delighted that we will be presenting Eurofighter Typhoon DA4 as part of our visitor experience, particularly as Duxford played a major part in developing the Hawker Typhoon, and in 1942 the first Typhoon Wing was formed here.
"Duxford is privileged to be able to exhibit the developmental model for an operational RAF aircraft, and one which has such a fine pedigree," he said.
You may also want to watch:
In attendance for the unveiling were Squadron Leader Chris Akerman, Depth Department, RAF Coningsby, together with personnel from RAF Coningsby who voluntarily gave their time to advise on the reassembly and conservation of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
The aircraft will be displayed in pride of place in AirSpace, Duxford's newest exhibition, which tells the story of British and Commonwealth aviation.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show