Typhoon blows into Duxford
THE Imperial War Museum s latest exhibit, a Eurofighter Typhoon DA4, has gone on show to the public. An unveiling ceremony was held in the museums AirSpace Conservation Hall, where the Eurofighter Typhoon has been undergoing reassembly and conservation wo
THE Imperial War Museum's latest exhibit, a Eurofighter Typhoon DA4, has gone on show to the public.
An unveiling ceremony was held in the museums AirSpace Conservation Hall, where the Eurofighter Typhoon has been undergoing reassembly and conservation work for the past two months.
Richard Ashton, Director, Imperial War Museum Duxford, said: "I am delighted that we will be presenting Eurofighter Typhoon DA4 as part of our visitor experience, particularly as Duxford played a major part in developing the Hawker Typhoon, and in 1942 the first Typhoon Wing was formed here.
"Duxford is privileged to be able to exhibit the developmental model for an operational RAF aircraft, and one which has such a fine pedigree," he said.
You may also want to watch:
In attendance for the unveiling were Squadron Leader Chris Akerman, Depth Department, RAF Coningsby, together with personnel from RAF Coningsby who voluntarily gave their time to advise on the reassembly and conservation of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
The aircraft will be displayed in pride of place in AirSpace, Duxford's newest exhibition, which tells the story of British and Commonwealth aviation.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange