Typhoon blows into Duxford
THE Imperial War Museum s latest exhibit, a Eurofighter Typhoon DA4, has gone on show to the public. An unveiling ceremony was held in the museums AirSpace Conservation Hall, where the Eurofighter Typhoon has been undergoing reassembly and conservation wo
THE Imperial War Museum's latest exhibit, a Eurofighter Typhoon DA4, has gone on show to the public.
An unveiling ceremony was held in the museums AirSpace Conservation Hall, where the Eurofighter Typhoon has been undergoing reassembly and conservation work for the past two months.
Richard Ashton, Director, Imperial War Museum Duxford, said: "I am delighted that we will be presenting Eurofighter Typhoon DA4 as part of our visitor experience, particularly as Duxford played a major part in developing the Hawker Typhoon, and in 1942 the first Typhoon Wing was formed here.
"Duxford is privileged to be able to exhibit the developmental model for an operational RAF aircraft, and one which has such a fine pedigree," he said.
You may also want to watch:
In attendance for the unveiling were Squadron Leader Chris Akerman, Depth Department, RAF Coningsby, together with personnel from RAF Coningsby who voluntarily gave their time to advise on the reassembly and conservation of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
The aircraft will be displayed in pride of place in AirSpace, Duxford's newest exhibition, which tells the story of British and Commonwealth aviation.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes