Two women suffer smoke inhalation after flat fire in Ashwell
TWO women suffered from smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at their flat in Ashwell yesterday afternoon. Fire crews from Baldock and Royston attended the incident that was reported at 3.57. The women, believed to be a mother and
TWO women suffered from smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at their flat in Ashwell yesterday afternoon.
Fire crews from Baldock and Royston attended the incident that was reported at 3.57.
The women, believed to be a mother and her teenager daughter, had managed to get out of their second floor flat in Ashwell Street by the time the fire service arrived.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the flat and extinguished the fire that had started in the kitchen but other rooms in the flat were heavily smoke logged.
You may also want to watch:
The women were treated by firefighters who gave them oxygen before paramedics arrived. The women declined hospital treatment.
This morning after the damage to the flat was assessed by an official from North Herts Homes, the women were put into temporary accommodation while repairs are carried out.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter