Two women suffer smoke inhalation after flat fire in Ashwell

PUBLISHED: 10:00 29 October 2009 | UPDATED: 16:11 11 May 2010

TWO women suffered from smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at their flat in Ashwell yesterday afternoon. Fire crews from Baldock and Royston attended the incident that was reported at 3.57. The women, believed to be a mother and

TWO women suffered from smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at their flat in Ashwell yesterday afternoon.

Fire crews from Baldock and Royston attended the incident that was reported at 3.57.

The women, believed to be a mother and her teenager daughter, had managed to get out of their second floor flat in Ashwell Street by the time the fire service arrived.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the flat and extinguished the fire that had started in the kitchen but other rooms in the flat were heavily smoke logged.

The women were treated by firefighters who gave them oxygen before paramedics arrived. The women declined hospital treatment.

This morning after the damage to the flat was assessed by an official from North Herts Homes, the women were put into temporary accommodation while repairs are carried out.

0 comments

Most Read

Latest from the Royston Crow

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists