Two teens charged over Royston death crash
Two people have been charged in connection with a Royston road collision in which a 16-year-old boy died.
The collision occurred after a police pursuit in the early hours of Monday, June 20, in Melbourn Street.
James Clennell from Benington, who was a passenger in the car, died due to injuries sustained when the car left the road.
Marcus Gibson, 18, and from Woodland Road in Hertford, was charged with death by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving uninsured.
A 17-year-old boy from Royston was charged with possession of an offensive weapon and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed and are due to appear at Stevenage Youth Court on 13 October.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission are probing the collision.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 4 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 7 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 8 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre