Two teens charged over Royston death crash
Two people have been charged in connection with a Royston road collision in which a 16-year-old boy died.
The collision occurred after a police pursuit in the early hours of Monday, June 20, in Melbourn Street.
James Clennell from Benington, who was a passenger in the car, died due to injuries sustained when the car left the road.
Marcus Gibson, 18, and from Woodland Road in Hertford, was charged with death by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving uninsured.
A 17-year-old boy from Royston was charged with possession of an offensive weapon and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed and are due to appear at Stevenage Youth Court on 13 October.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission are probing the collision.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?