Two teens charged over Royston death crash
Two people have been charged in connection with a Royston road collision in which a 16-year-old boy died.
The collision occurred after a police pursuit in the early hours of Monday, June 20, in Melbourn Street.
James Clennell from Benington, who was a passenger in the car, died due to injuries sustained when the car left the road.
Marcus Gibson, 18, and from Woodland Road in Hertford, was charged with death by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving uninsured.
A 17-year-old boy from Royston was charged with possession of an offensive weapon and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed and are due to appear at Stevenage Youth Court on 13 October.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission are probing the collision.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks