Two Royston schools awarded for sporting commitment
TWO Royston schools were awarded podium finishes for their commitment to sport - with Roman Way First securing gold and Greneway bronze - at a county wide event.
They received the nod at the Hertfordshire Sports Partnership Service to Sport Awards 2011 with the schools awarded for outstanding PE lessons and their development of links with the community.
Emma Edwards, headteacher of Roman Way School was thrilled to win first place and thanked her dedicated staff.
She said: “This award means a great deal to the staff and children of Roman Way as sport is a natural and embedded part of our school day now.
“This is thanks to the Sports Partnership and the schools dedicated teachers, not to mention the enthusiasm of the children.
You may also want to watch:
“Hilary Coxon, our PE subject leader and senior teacher, has lead sports within our school and worked closely with the Schools Sports Partnership for many years resulting in a rich PE curriculum fully embedded within our topic based school curriculum.”
The event was hosted by the University of Hertfordshire and compered by BBC Radio 5 Live Presenter, David Croft.
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak