Two Royston schools awarded for sporting commitment
TWO Royston schools were awarded podium finishes for their commitment to sport - with Roman Way First securing gold and Greneway bronze - at a county wide event.
They received the nod at the Hertfordshire Sports Partnership Service to Sport Awards 2011 with the schools awarded for outstanding PE lessons and their development of links with the community.
Emma Edwards, headteacher of Roman Way School was thrilled to win first place and thanked her dedicated staff.
She said: “This award means a great deal to the staff and children of Roman Way as sport is a natural and embedded part of our school day now.
“This is thanks to the Sports Partnership and the schools dedicated teachers, not to mention the enthusiasm of the children.
You may also want to watch:
“Hilary Coxon, our PE subject leader and senior teacher, has lead sports within our school and worked closely with the Schools Sports Partnership for many years resulting in a rich PE curriculum fully embedded within our topic based school curriculum.”
The event was hosted by the University of Hertfordshire and compered by BBC Radio 5 Live Presenter, David Croft.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator