Two people taken to hospital after Royston flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a flat led to two people being taken to hospital.
The fire broke out at around 6.30pm last night at the property in Shakespeare, Royston.
Fire crews were called to the scene at 6.37pm, but by the time they arrived the fire, which had started in a bedroom, had been extinguished.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “There were two people involved who were suffering from smoke inhalation.
“The ambulance service were in attendance and all persons were accounted for.”
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated the two adults before transporting them to hospital.
Fire fighters vented the flat thoroughly before leaving the scene at 7.15pm. The cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree