Two people taken to hospital after Royston flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a flat led to two people being taken to hospital.
The fire broke out at around 6.30pm last night at the property in Shakespeare, Royston.
Fire crews were called to the scene at 6.37pm, but by the time they arrived the fire, which had started in a bedroom, had been extinguished.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “There were two people involved who were suffering from smoke inhalation.
“The ambulance service were in attendance and all persons were accounted for.”
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated the two adults before transporting them to hospital.
Fire fighters vented the flat thoroughly before leaving the scene at 7.15pm. The cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online