Two people taken to hospital after Royston flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a flat led to two people being taken to hospital.
The fire broke out at around 6.30pm last night at the property in Shakespeare, Royston.
Fire crews were called to the scene at 6.37pm, but by the time they arrived the fire, which had started in a bedroom, had been extinguished.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “There were two people involved who were suffering from smoke inhalation.
“The ambulance service were in attendance and all persons were accounted for.”
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated the two adults before transporting them to hospital.
Fire fighters vented the flat thoroughly before leaving the scene at 7.15pm. The cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 5 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston