Two people taken to hospital after Royston flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a flat led to two people being taken to hospital.
The fire broke out at around 6.30pm last night at the property in Shakespeare, Royston.
Fire crews were called to the scene at 6.37pm, but by the time they arrived the fire, which had started in a bedroom, had been extinguished.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “There were two people involved who were suffering from smoke inhalation.
“The ambulance service were in attendance and all persons were accounted for.”
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated the two adults before transporting them to hospital.
Fire fighters vented the flat thoroughly before leaving the scene at 7.15pm. The cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'