Two people die in multi-vehicle crash on A1198
- Credit: Archant
Two people have sadly died following a multi-vehicle crash on the A1198 today.
Emergency services are currently at the scene of the crash, and police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Police, fire and the ambulance service were called at about 11.35am today to the A1198 between Whaddon and Bassingbourn-cum-Kneesworth with reports of a collision involving the three vehicles.
Sadly, two people sustained fatal injuries.
The road is currently closed and likely to remain closed for some time. Diversions are in place.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
They would also like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time with dash cam footage.
Anyone with information should report online via our webchat https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH quoting incident 136 of December 1.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 3 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton