Two people die in multi-vehicle crash on A1198
- Credit: Archant
Two people have sadly died following a multi-vehicle crash on the A1198 today.
Emergency services are currently at the scene of the crash, and police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Police, fire and the ambulance service were called at about 11.35am today to the A1198 between Whaddon and Bassingbourn-cum-Kneesworth with reports of a collision involving the three vehicles.
Sadly, two people sustained fatal injuries.
The road is currently closed and likely to remain closed for some time. Diversions are in place.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
They would also like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time with dash cam footage.
Anyone with information should report online via our webchat https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH quoting incident 136 of December 1.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash