Two people die in multi-vehicle crash on A1198
- Credit: Archant
Two people have sadly died following a multi-vehicle crash on the A1198 today.
Emergency services are currently at the scene of the crash, and police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Police, fire and the ambulance service were called at about 11.35am today to the A1198 between Whaddon and Bassingbourn-cum-Kneesworth with reports of a collision involving the three vehicles.
Sadly, two people sustained fatal injuries.
The road is currently closed and likely to remain closed for some time. Diversions are in place.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
They would also like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time with dash cam footage.
Anyone with information should report online via our webchat https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH quoting incident 136 of December 1.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 6 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 7 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 8 MP welcomes Secretary of State to biomedical campus
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?