Two Killed in A10 Collision
TWO people have been killed after a crash on the A10 near Buntingford on Monday night. The collision happened at 8.35pm just south of the junction with A507. Police believe that a Volkswagen Polo, which had been travelling south on the A10 behind a lorry
TWO people have been killed after a crash on the A10 near Buntingford on Monday night.
The collision happened at 8.35pm just south of the junction with A507.
Police believe that a Volkswagen Polo, which had been travelling south on the A10 behind a lorry, crossed into the northbound carriageway and collided with a Fiat Punto.
Ambulance and fire crews were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
On arrival they found the Polo driver, a man believed to be in 70s, and the Punto driver, a woman in her 20s, were trapped in their vehicles and had both suffered serious injuries.
Both were treated by paramedics on the roadside before being taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage where they both later died. The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The road was closed while investigations were carried out at the scene.
Witnesses are asked to call Pc Ainsworth of Eastern Area Roads Policing Unit on 0845 3300 222.