Two Killed in A10 Collision
TWO people have been killed after a crash on the A10 near Buntingford on Monday night. The collision happened at 8.35pm just south of the junction with A507. Police believe that a Volkswagen Polo, which had been travelling south on the A10 behind a lorry
TWO people have been killed after a crash on the A10 near Buntingford on Monday night.
The collision happened at 8.35pm just south of the junction with A507.
Police believe that a Volkswagen Polo, which had been travelling south on the A10 behind a lorry, crossed into the northbound carriageway and collided with a Fiat Punto.
Ambulance and fire crews were called to the scene.
On arrival they found the Polo driver, a man believed to be in 70s, and the Punto driver, a woman in her 20s, were trapped in their vehicles and had both suffered serious injuries.
Both were treated by paramedics on the roadside before being taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage where they both later died. The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
The road was closed while investigations were carried out at the scene.
Witnesses are asked to call Pc Ainsworth of Eastern Area Roads Policing Unit on 0845 3300 222.