Two Killed in A10 Collision
TWO people have been killed after a crash on the A10 near Buntingford on Monday night. The collision happened at 8.35pm just south of the junction with A507. Police believe that a Volkswagen Polo, which had been travelling south on the A10 behind a lorry
TWO people have been killed after a crash on the A10 near Buntingford on Monday night.
The collision happened at 8.35pm just south of the junction with A507.
Police believe that a Volkswagen Polo, which had been travelling south on the A10 behind a lorry, crossed into the northbound carriageway and collided with a Fiat Punto.
Ambulance and fire crews were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
On arrival they found the Polo driver, a man believed to be in 70s, and the Punto driver, a woman in her 20s, were trapped in their vehicles and had both suffered serious injuries.
Both were treated by paramedics on the roadside before being taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage where they both later died. The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
The road was closed while investigations were carried out at the scene.
Witnesses are asked to call Pc Ainsworth of Eastern Area Roads Policing Unit on 0845 3300 222.