Two injured after A505 crash
A man and a woman have been taken to hospital after the car they were travelling in collided with a lorry earlier this afternoon (Wednesday, March 9).
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) were alerted to the A505 near to Flint Cross at 1.54pm.
Ambulance crews from Cambridge, Letchworth, Royston and Stevenage attended the scene.
Due to the nature of the call, an air ambulances was dispatched to the incident.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident, said: “Following the collision, the articulated lorry careered into a lay-by adjacent to the road and collided with a stationary refreshments van.
You may also want to watch:
“Amazingly the occupant working was uninjured. The man and a woman in the car involved were taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge with non life threatening injuries.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'