Twinners are off to sunny Spain
MEMBERS of the Buntingford Twinning Association are making their annual trip to Spain this weekend to visit twin town "lvega. Nineteen people are flying out on Sunday on a four-day trip. It is the third visit the association has made since "lvega was off
MEMBERS of the Buntingford Twinning Association are making their annual trip to Spain this weekend to visit twin town "lvega.
Nineteen people are flying out on Sunday on a four-day trip.
It is the third visit the association has made since "lvega was officially twinned with Buntingford two years ago.
Cllr Peter Ling, who has organised the trip, said: "It should be a lot of fun. The trip is coinciding with their fiesta, so there are a lot of events going on.
You may also want to watch:
"One thing we'll be sure not to miss is a dinner in the town square. The whole town usually attends so it's quite spectacular.
"I'd like to thank Annie Bisceglia for her help in arranging the trip. She's a Spanish teacher and her input has been invaluable."
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"lvega is located in the Soria province of northern Spain. With a population of around 3,300, it is about half the size of Buntingford.
Cllr Ling said the association would be welcoming school children from "lvega later this year.
He said: "Unfortunately Freman College do not teach Spanish at GCSE level, but we have arranged an exchange involving Chauncy School in Ware.
"The children are coming over in October, and will be staying in Buntingford.