Twinners are off to sunny Spain
MEMBERS of the Buntingford Twinning Association are making their annual trip to Spain this weekend to visit twin town "lvega. Nineteen people are flying out on Sunday on a four-day trip. It is the third visit the association has made since "lvega was off
MEMBERS of the Buntingford Twinning Association are making their annual trip to Spain this weekend to visit twin town "lvega.
Nineteen people are flying out on Sunday on a four-day trip.
It is the third visit the association has made since "lvega was officially twinned with Buntingford two years ago.
Cllr Peter Ling, who has organised the trip, said: "It should be a lot of fun. The trip is coinciding with their fiesta, so there are a lot of events going on.
You may also want to watch:
"One thing we'll be sure not to miss is a dinner in the town square. The whole town usually attends so it's quite spectacular.
"I'd like to thank Annie Bisceglia for her help in arranging the trip. She's a Spanish teacher and her input has been invaluable."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
"lvega is located in the Soria province of northern Spain. With a population of around 3,300, it is about half the size of Buntingford.
Cllr Ling said the association would be welcoming school children from "lvega later this year.
He said: "Unfortunately Freman College do not teach Spanish at GCSE level, but we have arranged an exchange involving Chauncy School in Ware.
"The children are coming over in October, and will be staying in Buntingford.