Twinners are off to sunny Spain
MEMBERS of the Buntingford Twinning Association are making their annual trip to Spain this weekend to visit twin town "lvega. Nineteen people are flying out on Sunday on a four-day trip. It is the third visit the association has made since "lvega was off
MEMBERS of the Buntingford Twinning Association are making their annual trip to Spain this weekend to visit twin town "lvega.
Nineteen people are flying out on Sunday on a four-day trip.
It is the third visit the association has made since "lvega was officially twinned with Buntingford two years ago.
Cllr Peter Ling, who has organised the trip, said: "It should be a lot of fun. The trip is coinciding with their fiesta, so there are a lot of events going on.
"One thing we'll be sure not to miss is a dinner in the town square. The whole town usually attends so it's quite spectacular.
"I'd like to thank Annie Bisceglia for her help in arranging the trip. She's a Spanish teacher and her input has been invaluable."
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
"lvega is located in the Soria province of northern Spain. With a population of around 3,300, it is about half the size of Buntingford.
Cllr Ling said the association would be welcoming school children from "lvega later this year.
He said: "Unfortunately Freman College do not teach Spanish at GCSE level, but we have arranged an exchange involving Chauncy School in Ware.
"The children are coming over in October, and will be staying in Buntingford.