Twin Town Association appealing for hosts
THE Royston Twinning Association is appealing for families to help out with the 25th anniversary of their link with a French town.
The association celebrates a quarter of a century of friendship with La Loupe this year and are finalising plans for when over 60 people from the town visit in June.
But more host families are needed to provide home stays for the twinners.
Jane Dotteridge, publicity secretary of the association, said: “As usual, the French visitors will stay with members of the twinning association, but as the group is so large, more host families are needed.
“Hosting is a great way to make new friends and to try out your French, although many of our guests speak some English, so we are encouraging families to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
La Loupe’s residents will visit Royston from June 2-5, with a lunch at the Houses of Parliament scheduled for June 3, before a guided tour.
A civic reception at Royston Town Hall, a walk on Therfield Heath and a pub lunch are also planned for the trip.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
If you feel you may be a suitable host or for more information, email Monica Gray at email@example.com.
Meanwhile, Royston Twinning Association is moving ahead with plans to formalise a link with the Spanish town of Villanueva de la Canada.
An agreement is expected to be signed by the mayors of both towns in April, with an exchange of visits scheduled for later in the year.
Villanueva de la Canada will become Royston’s third twin town, along with La Loupe and Grossalmerode in Germany.