Turn over a new leaf – and pep up lifestyle
ROYSTON library is part of a new reading initiative. From this week, it has started to loan lifestyle magazines, such as Vogue and Gardener s World, to its members. The initiative comes after a successful pilot scheme where members said they appreciate
ROYSTON library is part of a new reading initiative.
From this week, it has started to loan lifestyle magazines, such as Vogue and Gardener's World, to its members.
The initiative comes after a successful pilot scheme where members said they appreciated the opportunity to save money on the cover price of monthly magazines.
County Councillor Keith Emsall, executive member for community safety and culture, said he was delighted to see this service rolled out across Herts.
"The initiative is another example of how Herts' libraries continue to introduce new services that appeal to an ever-widening audience."
Shirley Everall, the stock development librarian responsible for extending the service, said: "The titles have been chosen based on the popularity of the magazines selected for the pilot libraries."
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Royston struggle to add second win to opening day success
Glenda Wood, head of Herts libraries, said: "Some people prefer to read magazines rather than books."
The magazines on offer are monthly or quarterly and cover a wide range of interests including computing, health, photography, and lifestyle.
They will be available on a one-week loan by using the normal library membership card.