Turn over a new leaf – and pep up lifestyle
ROYSTON library is part of a new reading initiative. From this week, it has started to loan lifestyle magazines, such as Vogue and Gardener s World, to its members. The initiative comes after a successful pilot scheme where members said they appreciate
ROYSTON library is part of a new reading initiative.
From this week, it has started to loan lifestyle magazines, such as Vogue and Gardener's World, to its members.
The initiative comes after a successful pilot scheme where members said they appreciated the opportunity to save money on the cover price of monthly magazines.
County Councillor Keith Emsall, executive member for community safety and culture, said he was delighted to see this service rolled out across Herts.
You may also want to watch:
"The initiative is another example of how Herts' libraries continue to introduce new services that appeal to an ever-widening audience."
Shirley Everall, the stock development librarian responsible for extending the service, said: "The titles have been chosen based on the popularity of the magazines selected for the pilot libraries."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Glenda Wood, head of Herts libraries, said: "Some people prefer to read magazines rather than books."
The magazines on offer are monthly or quarterly and cover a wide range of interests including computing, health, photography, and lifestyle.
They will be available on a one-week loan by using the normal library membership card.