Trio of title bids for innovative organisation
A BUNTINGFORD organisation has been nominated for three Hertfordshire business awards. Give It, a not-for-profit organisation which operates an on-line charitable gift list service, giveit.co.uk, has been nominated for Best Business Idea, Rising Star and
A BUNTINGFORD organisation has been nominated for three Hertfordshire business awards.
Give It, a not-for-profit organisation which operates an on-line charitable gift list service, giveit.co.uk, has been nominated for Best Business Idea, Rising Star and Best Use of Technology in the Hertfordshire Rising Star Awards run by Business Link Hertfordshire.
The service provides gift lists for those celebrating, including birthdays, wedding anniversaries, or retirement.
Each gift list is made up of a choice of donations to charities including Barnado's, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Save the Children.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Hickey, who heads the operation, said: "We're delighted that our innovative approach has been recognised.
"We operate the business on principles of driving growth combined with operational efficiency - the same approach that a traditional profit-making company would follow - so it's good to see that a not-for-profit organisation can be recognised in the same way.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
"It's a significant boost to our confidence and confirms that, although we've only been in existence for two years, we're heading in the right direction."
The award winners will be announced at a ceremony on May 11.