Trio of title bids for innovative organisation
A BUNTINGFORD organisation has been nominated for three Hertfordshire business awards. Give It, a not-for-profit organisation which operates an on-line charitable gift list service, giveit.co.uk, has been nominated for Best Business Idea, Rising Star and
A BUNTINGFORD organisation has been nominated for three Hertfordshire business awards.
Give It, a not-for-profit organisation which operates an on-line charitable gift list service, giveit.co.uk, has been nominated for Best Business Idea, Rising Star and Best Use of Technology in the Hertfordshire Rising Star Awards run by Business Link Hertfordshire.
The service provides gift lists for those celebrating, including birthdays, wedding anniversaries, or retirement.
Each gift list is made up of a choice of donations to charities including Barnado's, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Save the Children.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Hickey, who heads the operation, said: "We're delighted that our innovative approach has been recognised.
"We operate the business on principles of driving growth combined with operational efficiency - the same approach that a traditional profit-making company would follow - so it's good to see that a not-for-profit organisation can be recognised in the same way.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"It's a significant boost to our confidence and confirms that, although we've only been in existence for two years, we're heading in the right direction."
The award winners will be announced at a ceremony on May 11.