Trio of title bids for innovative organisation
A BUNTINGFORD organisation has been nominated for three Hertfordshire business awards. Give It, a not-for-profit organisation which operates an on-line charitable gift list service, giveit.co.uk, has been nominated for Best Business Idea, Rising Star and
A BUNTINGFORD organisation has been nominated for three Hertfordshire business awards.
Give It, a not-for-profit organisation which operates an on-line charitable gift list service, giveit.co.uk, has been nominated for Best Business Idea, Rising Star and Best Use of Technology in the Hertfordshire Rising Star Awards run by Business Link Hertfordshire.
The service provides gift lists for those celebrating, including birthdays, wedding anniversaries, or retirement.
Each gift list is made up of a choice of donations to charities including Barnado's, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Save the Children.
Andy Hickey, who heads the operation, said: "We're delighted that our innovative approach has been recognised.
"We operate the business on principles of driving growth combined with operational efficiency - the same approach that a traditional profit-making company would follow - so it's good to see that a not-for-profit organisation can be recognised in the same way.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
"It's a significant boost to our confidence and confirms that, although we've only been in existence for two years, we're heading in the right direction."
The award winners will be announced at a ceremony on May 11.