Tributes to 'loving grandmother' killed in car crash near Royston
A FAMILY has paid tribute to the loving grandmother killed in a three-car crash near Royston on Tuesday. Glynis Rose, 60, of Fox Corner, Guilden Morden, died when her green Proton collided with a red Kia Picanto and a red Vauxhall Astra on the B1042, cl
A FAMILY has paid tribute to the "loving grandmother" killed in a three-car crash near Royston on Tuesday.
Glynis Rose, 60, of Fox Corner, Guilden Morden, died when her green Proton was in collision with a red Kia Picanto and a red Vauxhall Astra on the B1042, close to Croydon.
In a statement, Mrs Rose's family said: "Following the tragic events of the evening of January 12, the Rose family are mourning the loss of Glynis Rose, who just recently celebrated her 60th birthday.
"Glynis was a much-loved wife to Gordon and a mother of two sons, and was also a loving grandmother.
You may also want to watch:
"She will be sorely missed because she the glue in our family.
"She was on her way to work at the time of the collision and will also be missed by her work colleagues."
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
The crash happened at 5pm on Lower Road, close to the roundabout with the A1198.
A 23-year old man from Gamlingay and a 22-year old man from Cambridge, who were driving the other two cars, both suffered minor injuries in the incident.
Earlier this week police issued an appeal for anyone who witnessed the crash to come forward
Pc Francis Crawford, from Cambridgeshire Police, said: "I would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or saw the vehicles in the moments just before.
"Any information, no matter how small, may help us to find out how this collision occurred."
Anyone with information can call Pc Crawford in the roads policing unit on 0345 4564564.