Tributes paid to man killed in A507 crash
- Credit: Archant
TRIBUTES have been paid to man killed in an accident on the A507.
Herts police have confirmed Cottered resident and musician Mick Wilman was killed in the crash on Monday night.
Flowers and cards have been left at the scene. One read: “I’m so sorry for your loss, I tried my best to save you, my thoughts are with you always.”
Mr Wilman was a percussionist in the Herfordshire reggae band The SGs.
Ambulance crews from Buntingford, Letchworth and Stevenage, BEARS Immediate Care Scheme and the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (by land vehicle) attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly on our arrival, a man was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.
The band posted a tribute on their Facebook page: “Life is so cruel. Our friend and The SG’s percussionist Mick Wilman passed away last night. Our condolences go to his family. He will be truly missed. He was taken much, much too early.”
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
Hertfordshire police confirmed today that an inquest has been opened into Mr Wilman’s death.