Tributes paid to man killed in A507 crash
- Credit: Archant
TRIBUTES have been paid to man killed in an accident on the A507.
Herts police have confirmed Cottered resident and musician Mick Wilman was killed in the crash on Monday night.
Flowers and cards have been left at the scene. One read: “I’m so sorry for your loss, I tried my best to save you, my thoughts are with you always.”
Mr Wilman was a percussionist in the Herfordshire reggae band The SGs.
Ambulance crews from Buntingford, Letchworth and Stevenage, BEARS Immediate Care Scheme and the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (by land vehicle) attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly on our arrival, a man was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.
The band posted a tribute on their Facebook page: “Life is so cruel. Our friend and The SG’s percussionist Mick Wilman passed away last night. Our condolences go to his family. He will be truly missed. He was taken much, much too early.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
Hertfordshire police confirmed today that an inquest has been opened into Mr Wilman’s death.