Tributes paid to man killed in A507 crash
- Credit: Archant
TRIBUTES have been paid to man killed in an accident on the A507.
Herts police have confirmed Cottered resident and musician Mick Wilman was killed in the crash on Monday night.
Flowers and cards have been left at the scene. One read: “I’m so sorry for your loss, I tried my best to save you, my thoughts are with you always.”
Mr Wilman was a percussionist in the Herfordshire reggae band The SGs.
Ambulance crews from Buntingford, Letchworth and Stevenage, BEARS Immediate Care Scheme and the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (by land vehicle) attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly on our arrival, a man was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.
The band posted a tribute on their Facebook page: “Life is so cruel. Our friend and The SG’s percussionist Mick Wilman passed away last night. Our condolences go to his family. He will be truly missed. He was taken much, much too early.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Hertfordshire police confirmed today that an inquest has been opened into Mr Wilman’s death.