Tributes paid to man killed in A507 crash
- Credit: Archant
TRIBUTES have been paid to man killed in an accident on the A507.
Herts police have confirmed Cottered resident and musician Mick Wilman was killed in the crash on Monday night.
Flowers and cards have been left at the scene. One read: “I’m so sorry for your loss, I tried my best to save you, my thoughts are with you always.”
Mr Wilman was a percussionist in the Herfordshire reggae band The SGs.
Ambulance crews from Buntingford, Letchworth and Stevenage, BEARS Immediate Care Scheme and the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (by land vehicle) attended the scene.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly on our arrival, a man was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.
The band posted a tribute on their Facebook page: “Life is so cruel. Our friend and The SG’s percussionist Mick Wilman passed away last night. Our condolences go to his family. He will be truly missed. He was taken much, much too early.”
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Royston Photographic Society announces latest competition winners
- 8 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Hertfordshire police confirmed today that an inquest has been opened into Mr Wilman’s death.