Tributes paid to man killed in A507 crash
- Credit: Archant
TRIBUTES have been paid to man killed in an accident on the A507.
Herts police have confirmed Cottered resident and musician Mick Wilman was killed in the crash on Monday night.
Flowers and cards have been left at the scene. One read: “I’m so sorry for your loss, I tried my best to save you, my thoughts are with you always.”
Mr Wilman was a percussionist in the Herfordshire reggae band The SGs.
Ambulance crews from Buntingford, Letchworth and Stevenage, BEARS Immediate Care Scheme and the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (by land vehicle) attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly on our arrival, a man was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.
The band posted a tribute on their Facebook page: “Life is so cruel. Our friend and The SG’s percussionist Mick Wilman passed away last night. Our condolences go to his family. He will be truly missed. He was taken much, much too early.”
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Hertfordshire police confirmed today that an inquest has been opened into Mr Wilman’s death.