Tributes paid to man killed in A507 crash
- Credit: Archant
TRIBUTES have been paid to man killed in an accident on the A507.
Herts police have confirmed Cottered resident and musician Mick Wilman was killed in the crash on Monday night.
Flowers and cards have been left at the scene. One read: “I’m so sorry for your loss, I tried my best to save you, my thoughts are with you always.”
Mr Wilman was a percussionist in the Herfordshire reggae band The SGs.
Ambulance crews from Buntingford, Letchworth and Stevenage, BEARS Immediate Care Scheme and the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (by land vehicle) attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly on our arrival, a man was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.
The band posted a tribute on their Facebook page: “Life is so cruel. Our friend and The SG’s percussionist Mick Wilman passed away last night. Our condolences go to his family. He will be truly missed. He was taken much, much too early.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 4 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 5 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 6 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 7 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Hertfordshire police confirmed today that an inquest has been opened into Mr Wilman’s death.