Travellers pitch up on Royston playing field
TRAVELLERS have pitched up in Royston on a playing field surrounded by housing and next to Studlands Rise First School.
Three caravans and a van arrived at around 10.30am this morning (Tuesday) after moving on from an encampment in Meldreth.
As The Crow arrived on the scene police and North Herts District Council officers were speaking to the travellers.
A female traveller said: “We’re not causing any harm to anyone, we just want to stay here as long as we can.
“We keep ourselves to ourselves and we are not causing any disturbances.”
You may also want to watch:
Nearby residents were shocked to see the caravans near their houses.
Gladys Edwards, of Furze Grove, said: “It’s terrible. I’m surprised to see it as it is a residential area and a playing field.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
“We have been here for 25 years and we haven’t seen anything like it.”
MORE TO FOLLOW