Trapped man in overturned van blocks A505
A MAN has been trapped in his van after it overturned on the A505, closing a busy commuter road out of Royston.
The incident took place at around 8.30am and the fire brigade were called to cut the man out of his white Ford Transit.
Hertfordshire Constabulary, who are also attending, say the accident happened near the Letchworth Gate junction. The ambulance service are also in attendance.
Herts Fire and Rescue say the man will be conveyed to hospital by ambulance.
The incident is ongoing, however Herts Police say they are arranging for the van to be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
An eye-witness to the aftermath of the crash says he saw between four and five people stop to help the man before the emergency services arrived.
Dom Notarangelo said: “Well it shows some sort of community spirit it’s quite easy for people to drive past and do nothing.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
“It was good to see people stop their cars and help him out.”