Trapped man in overturned van blocks A505
A MAN has been trapped in his van after it overturned on the A505, closing a busy commuter road out of Royston.
The incident took place at around 8.30am and the fire brigade were called to cut the man out of his white Ford Transit.
Hertfordshire Constabulary, who are also attending, say the accident happened near the Letchworth Gate junction. The ambulance service are also in attendance.
Herts Fire and Rescue say the man will be conveyed to hospital by ambulance.
The incident is ongoing, however Herts Police say they are arranging for the van to be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
An eye-witness to the aftermath of the crash says he saw between four and five people stop to help the man before the emergency services arrived.
Dom Notarangelo said: “Well it shows some sort of community spirit it’s quite easy for people to drive past and do nothing.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
“It was good to see people stop their cars and help him out.”