Trapped man in overturned van blocks A505
A MAN has been trapped in his van after it overturned on the A505, closing a busy commuter road out of Royston.
The incident took place at around 8.30am and the fire brigade were called to cut the man out of his white Ford Transit.
Hertfordshire Constabulary, who are also attending, say the accident happened near the Letchworth Gate junction. The ambulance service are also in attendance.
Herts Fire and Rescue say the man will be conveyed to hospital by ambulance.
The incident is ongoing, however Herts Police say they are arranging for the van to be recovered.
An eye-witness to the aftermath of the crash says he saw between four and five people stop to help the man before the emergency services arrived.
Dom Notarangelo said: “Well it shows some sort of community spirit it’s quite easy for people to drive past and do nothing.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
“It was good to see people stop their cars and help him out.”