Trapped man in overturned van blocks A505
A MAN has been trapped in his van after it overturned on the A505, closing a busy commuter road out of Royston.
The incident took place at around 8.30am and the fire brigade were called to cut the man out of his white Ford Transit.
Hertfordshire Constabulary, who are also attending, say the accident happened near the Letchworth Gate junction. The ambulance service are also in attendance.
Herts Fire and Rescue say the man will be conveyed to hospital by ambulance.
The incident is ongoing, however Herts Police say they are arranging for the van to be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
An eye-witness to the aftermath of the crash says he saw between four and five people stop to help the man before the emergency services arrived.
Dom Notarangelo said: “Well it shows some sort of community spirit it’s quite easy for people to drive past and do nothing.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match
“It was good to see people stop their cars and help him out.”