Transformed by loving gift
A WOMAN from Cottered was given a Mother s Day gift with a difference – a complete top-to-toe make- over. And the results were dramatic. Yvonne Liles was nominated by her daughter, Denise Pullen, to win The Crow s Mothers Day Make-over competition in Marc
A WOMAN from Cottered was given a Mother's Day gift with a difference - a complete top-to-toe make- over.
And the results were dramatic.
Yvonne Liles was nominated by her daughter, Denise Pullen, to win The Crow's Mothers Day Make-over competition in March.
Yvonne, 60, was shocked when she won. "I was taken aback. I had absolutely no idea my daughter had nominated me, but she thought I'd deserved a make-over."
You may also want to watch:
Yvonne was whisked away by her own fairy godmother - Rebecca Taylor.
Rebecca, who runs her own style business, The Wardrobe Lady, has been advising people on what not to wear for the past two years.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening
A model in her teenage years, Rebecca learned her trade of retail management at Marks & Spencer, and became a manager for French Connection.
Yvonne was given an initial consultation, where Rebecca assessed her colouring and style.
Her wardrobe was then looked at to see what her "personality" was and Rebecca showed Yvonne ways she can flatter her bodyshape.
Rebecca said: "Yvonne's quite petite so we discussed ways she could give herself gentle curves and how to elongate her body."
Rebecca also felt that Yvonne's hair colour and style could do with a make-over, so she called in stylist Lisa, who runs Creative Styles by Lisa.
Rebecca said: "I felt that Yvonne's hair colour was too harsh for her colouring, so we re-coloured it so it's a more subtle colour.
"It was also cut to a style which lifted her face completely, and makes her look years younger."
Rebecca then chose a capsule wardrobe for Yvonne, and gave her a new make-up look.
The result was a modern, casual look with a romantic twist.
And Yvonne was thrilled.
"I think Rebecca did a great job. Everyone loves my new hairstyle and I'm definitely keeping it like this.
"I really liked the casual clothes and I'm going to go and buy them as soon as I can.
"Rebecca really looked after me and I had great fun. It's not something you'd get to do everyday so it was a brilliant experience.
"I felt much more confident after the make-over."
Rebecca said: "It was quite an emotional journey and lovely to see Yvonne looking good and feeling great at the end of it. It's one of the reasons I do this job.
"It's not just about the way you look, it gives you something inside too."
- For more details on The Wardrobe Lady, call Rebecca
Taylor on 07711256874 or visit www.thewardrobelady.com
- For more details on Creative Styles by Lisa call 01763 246849.