A 21-YEAR-old man died after his motorcycle and a car were in collision on the A1198 near Bassingbourn Barracks on Tuesday. The accident happened at 6.47am between Whaddon and Wendy-cum-Shingay. It involved a Kawasaki motorcycle and a Nissan Almera. The r
A 21-YEAR-old man died after his motorcycle and a car were in collision on the A1198 near Bassingbourn Barracks on Tuesday.
The accident happened at 6.47am between Whaddon and Wendy-cum-Shingay.
It involved a Kawasaki motorcycle and a Nissan Almera.
The road was closed for about five hours and was not re-opened until just before midday.
You may also want to watch:
Police diverted rush-hour traffic away from the scene.
The driver of the Nissan escaped unhurt.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
The name of the motorcyclist, who was from Biggleswade, will not be released by Cambridgeshire police until tomorrow (Friday).
Sgt Matt Johnson is appealing to anyone who was travelling along the road who may have seen the accident or events leading up to the collision.
He said: "I would appeal to anyone who was travelling along this stretch of the road.
He said any details "may prove invaluable" in the police investigation.
Police at the scene undertook an accident reconstruction in an attempt to discover the cause of the collision.
Anyone with information should call the road policing unit on 08454 564564.