Hundreds of homes affected by power cuts across Herts following Storm Ciara
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes in Hertfordshire continue to be in a power outage after Storm Ciara battered the country for much of yesterday.
UK Power Networks have confirmed that around 338 homes still remain in a power cut this morning,
Impacted areas include AL5 4 in Harpenden, AL4 9 in St Albans, SG8 8 in Reed, and SG4 7 and SG7 6 around Hitchin.
Disruption in AL post codes is expected to be restored between 8.30pm and 9.30pm tonight, with SG8 expected between 3.30pm and 4.30pm.
The electricity company has restored power for 91 per cent of postcodes affected across the country, according to a statement made on Twitter.
To keep up to date with information regarding power cuts, go to ukpowernetworks.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
To report an overhead line that is down following the storm, call the emergency power cut helpline on 105.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn