Person hit by train between Hitchin and St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly been hit by a train between Hitchin and St Neots.
Some of the lines between Hitchin and Sandy have after the incident, which was reported at around 2pm this afternoon (September 3).
This comes after another person was struck by a train between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace this morning.
Services to routes passing through Hitchin up to St Neots are set to resume by 8pm today, with travellers advised to delay travel if possible. Delays of up to 90 minutes are to be expected.
The disruption will still affect Thameslink and Great Northern services on routes through Finsbury Park, as well as long-distance trains to and from London Kings Cross.
A limited number of rail replacement services are now available.
If you've been affected by what has happened on the network today, there is always someone to talk to. You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!